Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Judy Niemeyer Quilt Retreat

      I just spent the most wonderful week in Kalispell Montana with a great group of gals....and an awesome quilt teacher.....Eileen Urbanek. We all learned how to put together the Glacier Star Pattern by Judy Niemeyer. We stayed in the Quiltworx retreat house on the Flathead Lake. (wonderful)

The views are AMAZING!!!!!!!



      We did one field trip day....and went to the quilt shop that Judy first started in. Before she became the "Judy Niemeyer". Very nice shop. And we got to tour the "Quiltworx" headquarters as well. (very cool)
                                     .....the different parts to my quilt that I worked on.....
                                                        .....coming together......
      Pam on the left working on her quilt...and Christy on the right working on hers.......Love how we all made the same quilt...but our color choices made each soooo different, and wonderful!!!!
        ...... Here you see Eileen explaining to Terri and Gwen the process of the stacked seams.....
                                                                                        
....Terri and her quilt....Looking good....Looking good :):)

                                              .....Me working away on my quilt pieces......
                 Me and Eileen..... She is the MOST amazing Certified Instructor on the planet:):)
                                                                                     
                                           Our group for the week.....(two missing)
       We also got an amazing show and tell....first Eileen's quilts.....she has made 80 Judy quilts:):)


                                                                       Just amazing!!!

and I will end this post with one more wonderful view from the retreat house deck....sigh.....I could sit here all day long:):) They said you can usually see the mountains really good...but there are fires in  the next state....and the smoke was hiding the views. Which makes me excited to go back again....because these views were wonderful even with the smoke.

I would recommend the retreats at Quiltworx any time....so if you get the chance....DO!!!


8 comments:

Judys Fabrications said...

Wow, there are some beautiful quilts here.Love all the different colour palettes people chose.
Must have been lovely.

Marrianna said...

These are amazing quilts. Love the variety of color choices. So, did you bring your own sewing machine? And did everybody bring their fabric choices with them? You are such a fantastic and dedicated artist! Love your happy work.

Hugs, Marrianna

Nancy said...

What a wonderful retreat! I'm impressed with all you got done, your instructor's show & tell of quilts, and the beautiful views. You must feel so refreshed.

Connie said...

Oh my word!!! These quilts are beyond amazing. I can see why you wanted to go to this retreat and class. When our daughter lived in Whitefish, I traveled up to see her. I can remember my first sighting of Flat Rock Lake, it took my breath away. It is truly one of God's masterpieces :) All that I could think about, was that I wished my husband could have been with me . . . it was awesome and something you wanted to share with a loved one :)
Thank you for sharing your quilting adventure with us. I am so happy that I visited your blog today.
Keep Smiling.
Your blogging sister and fellow quilter,
Connie :)

Lesley said...

Wonderful quilts! Looks like you had an awesome time!

norma v said...

could someone pls explain the stacked seam concept? ty!

Jen said...

What a fantastic retreat ,those quilts are amazing. Love the different colours and fabrics.

Linda in Calif. said...

Beautiful place! Beautiful pictures. I've wanted make one of her quilts for the longest time. Lucky you for getting to go. The quilts are all so pretty and amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...