Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Treasures :):)

         I have been shopping....I love to shop online, and in antique stores. There are always so many things to look at and find...the hard part is NOT bringing home everything I love !!!! Today I just wanted share a couple of wonderful finds :):)

         First, I am a huge Instagram fan!! Love to follow all the wonderful artists there. It's great because they usually show their work in progress. Which to me is a lot of fun :):) I am following a Bear Maker in Denmark named Tina. It is so fun to watch her little tiny bears come to life. Well, after watching her for a while..I finally broke down and bought a couple of her bears. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! It is one thing to see them in picture..but in person!!!!! I am just floored!!!
               Just look at them !!! Each and every piece is hand stitched!!! They even have joined arms and legs!!! Their names are Bolette and Silas. Tina even hand knitted Silas' tiny little sweater !!! I put my hand behind them so you could understand just how small they are :):) I have named Tina the best bear maker in the world:):) I am soooo in love with my new little friends:):)
                                             This is me...happy with my new friends:):):)
          You can find Tina's blog HERE. She also does amazing book binding art as well.

      Then I went to Sweet Salvage with my friend Karen one day and fell in love with this lovely lady!! You all know how much I love poodles!!! She has to weigh at least 70 pounds. She is solid cement. My hubby was grumbling from the car all the way into the house. My new sweet girl is very heavy :):)
                       
  I decided to put Zoey next to her...so you could see how big she is. Of course, Zoey wants me to remind every one...she does NOT weigh the same as that funny looking poodle!!
                  LOL!!! I scared some friends and family when I called them and told them I had gotten a new poodle:) They were like "WHAT!!" I have 3 already:):) But, I laughed and said at least this one doesn't eat or poop :):) LOLOLOLOL!!! They sighed in relief :):)

                       Well, that is it for me today...have you found any new treasures of late ??
                                                               Hugs to you all....Sandie

14 comments:

Lesley said...

Your little bears are adorable! She is a very talented bear maker!

laurajane said...

Lovely little bears.xx

cucki said...

aww cute bears..i love them..i made a little one some time ago..i love making bears..
big hugs x

Terri said...

I agree with you! Tina is the best bear maker! Just look at those adorable long snouts! They have such personality! I would be tickled pink with them too!
And your newest poodle is the perfect pet! lol! Zoey looks a little bemused!
Are you going to give your newest poodle a name?
Hugs,
Terri

Patrice said...

Those bears are so beautifully made. Enjoy them!

Tammy said...

Those little bears are so adorabel. My hubby let ne go shopping today online. Something I never ever get to do. I am new to quilting and I needed a few tools. I am trying to free motion my first fill size quilt. So I got to older the supreme slider, quilt gloves, quilt halo and 3 acrylic ruler templates...I am on cloud 9 now the bad part bas paying 30 bucks for shipping but the good news was I got everything for almot half of what it was selling far elsewhere. I am so excited. Can't wait to get my new toys...I mean tools....
conn_and_ans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com

Marianne said...

Yes I think those bears are super sweet. I love shopping too. I am currently in FL and thrift shops and consignment stores are on every corner. It's a shoppers paradise.

Tamatha said...

The bears are adorable and so is your new poodle! :)

quiltmania said...

I just checked out the blog of the bear maker. Wow, she is as talented as you are.

Marlynne said...

Oh those tiny bears are precious1 I have a kitchen shelf where I have my tiny bears. I enjoy them so much1 Going to have to get on line and see what else she has!

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, very fun finds! I love shopping for new treausres too

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Thank you SO much for posting about the little ones Sandie - I´m so happy they got such a wonderful home :-)

Linda in Calif. said...

Having a poodle lover in the family - my sister, I can really appreciate your find. It's wonderful! Oh and so are the bears. Thanks for the link.

Jen said...

HI! Sandie, Those dear little bears are so lovely any wonder you had to have them. I must take a look and see from your link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...