Sunday, February 17, 2013

My New Artjournal Bag:):)

 Well...my last art journal bag was bought right off my shoulder when I was out one day:):) I was happy to let it go. It always gives me a good feeling inside when ladies stop me and like my bags. Even more when they want to buy it right then and there:):) So, I needed a new art journal bag....I have had an idea rolling around in my head. So, I pulled out my duck cloth..and painted it with gesso.
                                                     .....then I got my finger painting on :):)
                                             ......I added spray inks, and black scribbles....

         .......After many, many layers of paint.....here are the final 2 pieces that I was happy with ..
                                                         .....add some fun and funky trim.....

     .... I also wanted a focal on the front of my bag....so, I added my favorite Picasso saying:):)
                                                                        ......back.....
                                                                         .....front.....

......and finally the handles.... I put a layer of gel medium over the top of it all to protect the paint. I am soooo in love with this new bag:):) I will NOT be selling this one off my shoulder. This one I am keeping all to my self :):)   I mean...I really need an art bag for when I go journaling out side the house ..right?!!

What I really needed this bag for is the awesome week I am having in Seattle!! As you are reading this post I am currently in Seattle with the one and only Teesha Moore!!! I am on an Art Journal Retreat. We will be busy all week learning new skills and journaling all over Seattle:):)

         I will do a post when I get back from my adventures with Teesha and Tracy (her hubby)!!!
                                    ......until I return....  Much love - Sandie

19 comments:

Kathy said...

LOVE how the fabric turned out! You folks who can do "random" make it look so easy and I know it is NOT. Good job.
I am a recent follower and would love to know what you carry in that bag besides your journal - your go-to supplies.
Thanks for sharing.

Bead and Needle said...

PERFECT! What a happy bag - Tanya

Terry said...

It's beautiful! :0)

Marianne said...

An art retreat! oh the fun you must be having! I wish I was a tiny fairie who stole away with you inside your journal bag.

geeky Heather said...

Fantastic bag!! Hope you have a great time in Seattle!

Maggie said...

Sandie, I LOVE your bag! All of the layers and layers look so great, and love how you've stitched the quote and flowers on top. Have fun in Seattle...can't wait to read all about it!

maggie
www.themagrag.com

Fay Iseminger said...

How creative and fun! I will look forward to seeing what you did in class.

Blessings,
Fay

Colette McDonald said...

Great bag it is so vivid! Enjoy Seattle what a great place to visit and enjoy!

Marrianna said...

Delicious bag, luscious colors, funky trim - what more could a girl ask for? Nothing. I so look forward to reading about your retreat with Teesha Moore when you return. And pictures. Lucky you!!!!!

suziqu's thread works said...

Your bag turned out super great Sandie. Well done - you must be really happy with it!
Have a great time at the retreat with Teesha More - I know you will love it!
Hugs from here,
Suzy

Jenny Watson said...

There is no doubt you always share very innovative post and this time again you did great job just keep up the good work.

Service Lapel Pins

Love Bears All Things said...

This is beautiful.....I imagine you like it better than the one you sold.
Mama Bear

Natacha said...

Hi Sandie, I just saw the picture of your family. Do you have two biological sons and an adopted daughter? We have two biological sons (22-20), a daughter (9) and a son (7) from South Africa. Where is your daughter from? Sorry, hope you don't mind my curiosity.
Greetings from Luxembourg,
Natacha

Createology said...

I am visiting from Karen at My Desert Cottage and like what you create. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Jen said...

Hi Sandie, What a great bag. The Art work looks fantastic. The retreat week sounds awesome. Will look foreward to seeing everything new you learn.

Marlynne said...

Your Journal Bag is so very sharp lookin! Yes you must keep this one! will be anxious to see your new stuff from the art Journal Retreat

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh my! Have fun at the retreat! And yes you needed that bag for it. It turned out fabulous!

Kadee Willow said...

Woohooo! An art retreat with Teesha! I have only heard people say they died and went to heaven and learned a ton!! So glad you got to do that! Your bag is fabulous.. I have a question... the colors are all spray inks or do you use fabric paint or acrylic paint? Enjoy your time away and will chat soon.... thanks!

deb did it said...

super fun !!
I love your style !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...