Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Last of My Christmas!!

Well, I am very sad to see Christmas put away!!! I love my house all decked out for the holiday :):) I wanted to show you a project I made for the many Christmas' to come.

As most of you know I have hosted a quiltie trade here on my blog for the last two years. I decided to pull all the Christmas themed quilties together into one project...so I can enjoy them year after year. So, I made the above quilt in the month of December. I wanted to get it done..so I can just pull it out next December and have it ready :):) Next, I will show them up close so you can see better, and tell you who made what.
                                    on the first row we have....  Sue from Canada
                                                            Linda from North Dakota
  Grace from Arizona
 Vicki from Florida
                                               Barb from New England ........ and Bev from Arizona
Candice from Arizona and Barb from New England
                                          Carolyn from Canada and Lesley from Canada
 This is not a quiltie but, my good friend Lesley from Canada made this for me...and I wanted it to be the center piece to this project. Thank you Lesley!!!!
Marlynne from Missouri and Jennifer from Australia
                                             Tova from Arizona and Cheryl from New York!!
Marilou from California whom I affectionately call MammaLou :):) She was my very first blog friend!!! .....and my Best friend I left in Florida...Lori!!!!
Susanne from Arizona
Marlynne from Missouri and Judy from Australia
...and finally....Lesley from Canada and Tova from Arizona
  Here you can see my quilting I did on the red... and I hinged sewed the quilties on so I could flip each one up and see who made it for me. ....So, they look like cards laying on the quilt :):)
 ...and now the quilting I did on the snowman fabric... I did free motioned stars and loops!
  and one last look at the whole project again. I really love this quilt!!! Especially because all my blog friends had a part in helping my make it!! This will be a treasure to me for many years to come :):)
                   
     I really want to thank each and every lady who made these Christmas quilties for me!!!

                       Well, that's it for me today!! Hope every one is having a great weekend:):)
                                                                 Much love- Sandie




13 comments:

Judy McCarthy said...

Oh Sandie, what a treasure this quilt is!I love it! It must make you smile evry time you see it.I've never even seen snow, much less ,ade a snowman, but they are cute motifs aren't they!
Thanks for sharing.
I have just made a post about the joy of having Pieces of art that people make for us to remember them by.

Linda said...

The quilt turned out beautiful. What a great way to preserve and enjoy the quilties and the memories of friends. Enjoyed seeing your quilt.

The Slow Quilter said...

It is a most love Christmas quilt, you should enjoy it for years to come.

Lesley said...

Sandie, you have created a beautiful quilt! The way you arranged the quilties, and stitched them so you could read them is so unique and results in a quilted work of art! Love the way you quilted this. It (almost) leaves me speechless...way to go! It's wonderful to have you as a blog friend!

quiltmania said...

A wonderful Christmas keepsake. Great job everyone!

Nancy said...

Such a clever way to group and display these! It's just lovely, and absorbing to look at each little quiltie. Well done.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

I love this too, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Caroline Heinrichs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamatha said...

Love what you did with your quiltie trades! A quilt for quilties is a great idea! :)

Stasa Lynn said...

What a wonderful gift from your friends and to yourself!

Happy New Year

Marilou Bain said...

What a great idea Sandie and I love that you can flip them to see who created each one. What fun. I'm sure glad I made you a snowman quiltie last year!
Hugs and love, Marilou xoxo

Marlynne said...

Gosh Now I Love This Project Too and Want To Make One!! Will count my Christmas quilties, won't have nearly as many as you. Maybe an all seasons wall hanging!

Linda in Calif. said...

AWWW! What a wonderful idea. I just love each and every one of those cards. And together they are adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...