Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Oldies But Goodies :):)

                   When I was in Florida with my Mom...I found 2 quilts that I made years ago..... I have never taken their pictures before. I was leery to show them...they are quilts that I made in my early quilting career :):) LOL!!! But, I like them so I thought I would show them anyway :):) 
The above center piece was a batik that sparked this quilt. I made it for my Mom. She loves butterflies.
                              Here is the back...I sprinkled some butterflies on the back.
             ......and the front. I pulled colors from my stash to match the colors of the center block.
               Mom loves her quilt. The quilting is so simple...as is the piecing. I made this in the early 80s.
 This is the quilt that I made for my Dad. The center block is a Tree of Life block. It measures 24 inches. Again I pulled the fabrics to match the tree. This quilt was made from all my flannel stash.
                         My quilting was a simple stipple stitch. It was fun to see them again. I am very glad  that I have gotten a lot better at quilting since then :)
                   Well, I hope you enjoyed the blast from my quilting past :):)
                                            Much Love-- Sandie

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Love these quilts! Great colors and great quilts....and doesn't your mom look sweet behind her quilt!

Gale Wrigley said...

Isn't it a riot to see our early quilts? Every one makes us better, I think. Fun stuff!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Happy New Year Sandie. Love your quilts especially the butterfly one - you can see how much your Mum loves it too

laurajane said...

Both very lovely quilts.
Xx

Linda in Calif. said...

They are both very pretty. I hope someday to do a butterfly quilt. It is fun to see how much one's quilting improves isn't it? Although your earlier quilting is very nice.

vicki said...

Sandie - I have just added your blog to my Grow Your Blog party - so you are all set. Updates are on my blog - see you on the 19th

Vicki

Marilou Bain said...

You did a great job on those Sandie, I especially love the butterfly!
Thanks for you sweet comments on my Ruby, I really miss her as her sister Roxy does too:)
Hugs Marilou

Patrice said...

You won my blog giveaway from the Grow Your Blog Party at 2BagsFull. Drop by and see http://www.everydayruralty.com/2013/02/grow-your-blog-party-giveaway-winner.html

Patrice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...