Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Project for a Friend!!

   So, Karen Valentine and I make presents for each other every year!!! I want to show you what I made her!!! I am so stinkin' proud of myself :):):) LOL!!!! The really big challenge for both of us... is our color choices. Karen is very neutral and shabby....(white). While I am very Colorful and Bright. So, it becomes a challenge to both of us to make something for the other that we will like!! But, I am very happy to say I DID IT!!!!! I took the roll of stuff above and made a background.....
                             I zigzagged them together to form a foundation for my project!!!
 Then I decided to do a drawing of her favorite furry pal "Rocky"....this took a dozen tries!!! I was working off a photo from her blog that was 1 inch square....yikes....but I think I did a good job!!!
 Then came the sewing....this took a lot of tries as well!! (giggle) you should have seen the others!! I cut them up and threw them away fast!!! I traced my drawing with the water pen above.
 Karen loves laces and layers so I went into my hankie stash to see what I could find to use. This hankie was the perfect size as a base for Rocky!!!
                                           Now to pull out my trims, ribbons, and laces!
                                                                     ....and buttons!

                                                             ...starting to look great!!!

 .... close up of my stitching. I wanted it to look like it was drawn on..so I added a second line to the stitching.....
                ...and the finished project!!! I really love the way it turned out!!! I will be making more of these!!!! Now..... who will be my subjects ? :):):)
....and finally....Karen and her furry pal Rocky!!! See...it looks like him!!! Well, I was very happy with my present...and Karen loved it too!! ...and Rocky gave me a ruff and a tail wag :):):)

             I am hooking this post up with Lily's Fresh Sewing Day blog...love her work!!! Thanks for stopping in and any kind words you may leave :):)
                     
                                   I hope every one had a wonderful Christmas!!!
                                                            Much Love - Sandie

                    PS.... The Quilties have been traded and went into the mail this morning!!!!
 
                                                HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 comments:

gracie said...

Very nice!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful gift! You are so talented...I can see why she loved it. The likeness of Rocky is amazing! Well done!

laurajane said...

Wow,you're such a clever girl.So I see the poodle girls coming up next.Then there's always my Lilly lol.Seriously,it's really lovely ,Karen must love it.
Have a great new Year.
Love Laura.xx

Judy McCarthy said...

What a cute project! What a cute doggy and sweet friend.
Thanks for your comment on my latest project(s). Happy New Year to you!!
Judy

Sandy said...

What a great gift and soooo cute!

quiltmania said...

I really does look like the furry fellow! Next you have to make some of your furry pals.

Gale Wrigley said...

That came out great, Sandie! What a great stretch for you - to work in such muted colors. Great job!!

Eileen said...

Sandie, how delightful! Great job - the sketching of Rocky is fantastic but I really love your embellishments!

Stasa Lynn said...

What a great project for you to be so creative with and what a great gift for Karen!

Thank you for sharing with all of us and Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Outstanding!!

Fran Kingston Dill said...

Love it! So creative. How lucky your friend is to have such a caring creative friend.

Linda said...

Very nice! easy to see why you are pleased with the way it turned out. beautiful/creative piece. love it.

Marilou Bain said...

Happy New Year Sandie, nice work on Karens gift.
Hugs MArilou

Jen said...

WOW Sandie it is a great likeness and so lovely and embelished. What a nice friend you are and so creative. I am sure Karen will love it . Happy New Year to You.

Bluebell Woods said...

Happy New year,,,,and this was an awesome post
Janice

rachel addison said...

clever!

I popped in from Lily's quilts, to see you and say hi!

diannajessie said...

That is a fantastic idea, and it does look as a drawing would, clever:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...