Thursday, November 29, 2012

Quilting + Paint + Stuffing = Pillow

I have been working on something NEW!!! When I went to the Houston Quilt Show last month I picked up the new silk paints. They are acrylics...but have mica dust in them. So, everything you paint with them turns out with a shimmer to it. Well, the gals at the booth were painting quilted pillow panels with these paints...YES!!!!! I was in!!! So, I bought the above quilted square and my paints.....and here is what happened!!

    Some paint added.... At this point I got clumsy and dropped my paint brush...(yikes) ..but I carried on instead of scrapping the project. I did my best to cover it up.

Adding paint!!!
 Okay..another spot I didn't like...the strips are sooooo not working for me....what to do?? I will just paint it black!!!
 Yep....the black looks better!!! Here I am drawing on the quilted lines for more definition! I wanted to be able to see each feather better. Yep...still liking it :):)

Next...the black was to boring...so I used my new wood blocks to stamp on the black!! Yep!!! Really liking it now!!
Ta Da!! I reallllllly love this pillow top. I will pick a Kaffe Fasset to go with it and make a pillow out of it. It goes to show ...keep going with a project even when you don't like it anymore...you could always discover that if you keep working it you will like it!!

Much love everyone!!!

17 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, that looks amazing! It almost looks like a color printed panel :)

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous! I have never seen anything like this before. What a beautiful pillow you will have!

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xxx

Deborah OHare said...

Wow! You must have a really steady hand! Gorgeous!

gracie said...

Wonderful ...

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Well how fun is THAT? What a great project. At first I thought you were going to say that you quilting the piece before starting to paint. Something about the fact that you bought it makes me feel much less intimidated. :) Get's me thinking, though. Yet another use for a long arm.

Really, fun, Sandie!

laurajane said...

How right you are,happy mistakes can turn out well in the end.
You've made a beautiful job of that panel,love it.
Xx

Vicki W said...

What fun! What is the next project?

Sue said...

Wow, looks great Sandy!
I'd love to have a go at this and I know someone else who would, its brings back memories of whn I went to do our City & Guilds courses in Creative Art with Laura.....

Linda said...

Fun to try somehting new and the silks are fun to use. Beautiful pillow.

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow! (I really don't need to say anything else. That one word sums it up)

Karen Valentine said...

OMG Sandie, those paints awesome! I can definitely see how you fell in love with them!! Can't wait to see it in person. :)
xo,
Karen

Debra said...

The colours in your paints are amazing. The design looks fabulous. I had a go at silk painting years ago and it was a much more complicated process. The stamping on the black is a great way to personalise your design. Can't wait to see what you do with them next!

Marilou Bain said...

That painting on fabric looks like you had fun Sandy! Wow another year almost gone by, where did the time go. It looks like you have alot accomplished!
Just was thinkin' 'bout ya so I stopped by to say Hi!
Hugs and love Marilou xoxo

Contelitas said...

wow! wonderful,wonderful, wonderful....
Felicidades, es maravilloso, Yo no lo habĂ­a visto nunca.
Un abrazo.
Alicia.

Susan said...

Striking! No other words Striking!

Marlynne said...

Yeah for keep going till you like it again! And with Fassett Fabric Wow1 a real masterpiece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...