Monday, November 5, 2012

Houston Quilt Show and Tell

WOW!!!! That is the only word I can think of at this moment!! WOW!!! It never ceases to amaze me when I go to this quilt show. This was my 4th time to attend. I have some pictures to share.. enjoy!

These are just a few of the quilts that just floored me on the spot!! Of course, it goes without saying that these photos don't even capture the beauty of each quilt!!
 This quilt went all the way to the ceiling and to the floor. Amazing!! I have no idea how she even quilted it!?!
 I love animals!! I was very happy to see so many portraits of animals on quilts!!
This was one of my favorite quilts!!! Hand appliqued and machine quilted!! Stunning!!
And finally we have the grand prize winner!! Best of Show!! There was several thousands of crystals on it as well!!

Now on to the shopping!! There were 1000 booths to shop at!! It took 3 shots for me to get it all. When you see these pictures you will understand why my feet were killing me!!!
Left side
 Center
right side.
                
      I did buy a few things!! I knew I could not get out of this show without buying something :):) (hehe) I feel in love with these hand carved wooden blocks from India... had to have a few....The picture below is the booth shot...not what I bought!! I only bought 4 blocks :):)
 Of course I had to have me some Kaffe!!! I was good this time last time I bought mounds of Kaffe!!! 

But then I ran into a ribbon booth that was selling Kaffe Fassett ribbon!!!! Really!!! I'm so sorry hubby my dear but I need to use the credit card :):)

 The bottom photo were none Kaffe ribbons that just jumped into my basket :):)
Isn't it just pretty!! I can't wait to make something with all this lovely ribbon!!
Last photo!! I had a great time at the show!! Even though my feet are just killing me right now!!! It is a show worth going to at least once in your life time!!  I do have one recommendation for you... DONT GO ALONE!!!  Grab your best pals and go together!! I'm sure it would have been a lot more fun for me to walk the show with a friend and share the experience with someone who loves quilting as much as I do!!! 

Me and my feet are VERY glad to be HOME!!!!
Thanks for your visit!!
Much love


8 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

It is an awesome show. I think I will have to go again some time soon.

cucki said...

Wow very lovely show xxx

Marlynne said...

Yow!! I would have dearly loved that experience!! And Kaffee Ribbon! I didn't even know it excised!

Sue said...

Wow, gorgeous quilts, glad you had a good time, hmmm I wonder how much the flight's are down to you?

Linda said...

the Kaffee fabrics and ribbons are delicious but then so are the quilts. i really liked the one with the houses, bet you coulld find something you hadn't seen before each time you looked at it.

Lesley said...

Fabulous colorful pictures! The quilts are phenomenal! The houses quilt was my favorite as well! Loved your purchases and the picture of you is so sweet! I had no idea how huge the show was...1000 booths makes my head spin, so I can just imagine how sore your feet were. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

Karen Valentine said...

I sooo wish I could have gone with you!!! Even though I'm not a quilter I can definitely appreciate all the skill and craftmanship that goes into creating one. Especially those art quilts!! Holy Cow!! And I can definitely see how having a friend or two with you would certainly have made the experience so much better! Oh well, next year I'm sure you will find some friends to go with you!!
I can't wait to hear about all the non quilting goodies you saw there too!!!
See you soon!
XO

Marlynne said...

They are just as beautiful the second time through! I went to Kaffee Ribbon but couldn't find the pretty narrow kind like you had pictured. Were you able to buy it by the yard? Also did you get my note on Quiltie idea for next year?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...